Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts Privacy Notice
Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
The intention of this privacy statement is to explain to you the information practices of Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts. in relation to the information we collect about you. Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts complies with EU General Data Protection Directive (GDPR) for the collection, use, retention of all personal data.
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are a family run business based in Southwest Donegal. Established in 1962 when James A. Boyle purchased his first tractor, a Massey Ferguson T20. In 1972 he bought his first Rubber Massey Track Digger and in 1981 his first Hitachi Track Digger.
Since then the business has grown from strength to strength, his eldest son, Terence Boyle joined him in 1994 together they have continued to provide a reliable & competitive service in a professional and safe manner, while continuing to evolve the practice in the most challenging of times. Another son James Boyle joined this family business later in 2006 having qualified and worked in the Construction and Civil Engineering industry since 2001.
We have been working with the land, hill, mountain, roads, rivers, forests, bogs in Donegal for the last 50 years and more recently the Utilities sector, Water Treatment plants, infrastructure upgrades and multiple Civil Engineering Projects.
Today we boast a strong management structure and together with our skilled & experienced workforce we can provide a quality service to all of our clients.
At Boyle Plant Hire procedures are used to ensure high standards are achieved with respect to health and safety, quality control and environmental management issues.
We respect and protect the environment on all our jobs.
Our range of services are tailored to the specific needs of our clients. We are available for contract or at an hourly/daily rate as required. Our portfolio includes work on behalf of clients in both private & public sectors.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts,
Crove, Carrick Co. Donegal, Ireland.
Why we are processing your data?
In order for us to provide you with advice services etc, we need to collect personal data. Our lawful reason for processing your data under the GDPR is Consent and Legal Obligation
Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of consultation to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
- In any event, Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts. are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
- Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
What information we gather:
In general, you may visit our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts collects domain information from your visit to customise and improve your experience on our website.
The website may collect certain information from your visit, including the date and time of your access, the pages you have accessed, the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address by which you are accessing the Internet, and the Internet address from which you linked to our site, if applicable. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
Some portions of this website may request that you give us information about yourself, from which we are able to identify you, such as your name, email or other address. Some of the ways in which we may collect information from you are:
- Subscription to newsletters or other Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts content-related correspondence
- Event registrations for seminars, conferences, etc.
- White paper or other downloads
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with the GDPR regulations.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Suppliers, Architects etc that may require details about our supply & fitting to your domestic r commercial premises of blinds or curtains.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts will facilitate you, our clients, with the rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject:
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Retention of your personal data:
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (6 years) and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly to:
The Office of Data Protection Commission
Contact No. 1890 252 231
Failure to provide further information:
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
You have the right to object to the use of the above at any time.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us :
Boyle Plant Hire & Civil Contracts,
Crove, Carrick Co. Donegal, Ireland.